Working for Skyeskyns
Supply Chain Development Coordinator
The successful candidate would work on developing our supply chain links for raw skin supply, increasing transparency for both us and our end customers.
Full time: 40 hrs/week
Location: Waternish, Isle of Skye, IV55 8GD
12 month contract Salary: £22,000 per annum
An exciting opportunity to join our team based here in our head office at Waternish, on a quiet corner of the beautiful Isle of Skye, for a brand new role within our forward- thinking business.
Our Skyeskyns ethos has always been centred around treading lightly on our environment, from when we first started using an animal by-product from the local slaughterhouse in Portree to the way that we now craft our sheepskins using a natural and ecologically friendly process. We believe that the more we know about where our goods come from, the more we can ensure animal welfare and develop a circular economy as locally as possible for what is still often regarded as a waste product.
- The successful candidate would work on developing our supply chain links for raw skin supply, increasing transparency for both us and our end customers.
- The role would also include gaining an overview of some of our other supply links for finished products with a view to expanding supplier options for the future. Securing direct-from-source supply links for a range of our raw materials and products would enable our in-house production to grow and allow us to progress this integral aspect of our business strategy.
- The supply chain development role would involve working alongside our tanner, marketing and management team to fully understand our brand, values and processes.
- The role would involve completing a research project and developing this into direct supply links with producers/makers.
- As we are a small business this successful candidate would also learn our whole business and become an integral member of our Skyeskyns family team.
- Candidate must be a self-starter and possess the ability to work independently
- Excellent communication, written, phone and interpersonal skills
- Computer skills
- A knowledge and understanding of the agricultural community would be an advantage
- A Driving Licence
- Due to the funding requirements of this post, candidates should have graduated within the last four years. The minimum qualification accepted will be an HNC, but preferably an HND, degree or postgraduate degree.
For more information or to apply with a CV & covering letter, please email: [email protected]
Application closing date: 29 October 2021