Bag

Mini Bag

Glencroft Countrywear

A family business in the Yorkshire dales

The Glencroft Story

Glencroft was established in 1987 by Richard and Justina Sexton, offering a range of classic British country wear made from natural fibres including British Wool, Harris Tweed and sheepskin.

Based in a 200 year old converted cow barn in Clapham in the Yorkshire Dales National Park, they take inspiration from the rural life and stunning scenery that surround them.

Richard has worked in the wool and sheepskin industry since the 1960s and has seen massive changes in British manufacturing over the past 60 years. He remembers when it used to take a week to visit all the different woollen mills across the North of England. His son Edward now also runs the business.

Over 80% of their products are made right here in the UK, many in the same factories by the same people for the past 30 years. The other 20% is made in mainland Europe, again by people and factories that they know, trust and spend time with every year, including gloves (which Skyeskyns stock) in Portugal, a country with a long history in sheepskin tanning and manufacturing.

Glencroft 1

Image credit: Glencroft Countrywear

Glencroft At Skyeskyns

We source caps, gloves, hats and some sweaters from Glencroft (usually referred to in-house as Sexton's or Richard Sexton).